dynamic hostname and faxserver

Hello,

This is probable very frequently asked; I did check docs and faq with
no success, though.

I'm using HylaFAX 4.0pl2 under redhat (5.1) linux (2.1).

When I have connected to my ISP, my HOSTNAME gets changed, as I assume
commonly occurs, to some unpredictable value.  This has undesirable
consequences for sendfax, etc.

Using sendfax alone, when the FAXSERVER and HOSTNAME are other than
what is in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts yields a password: prompt.
Setting FAXSERVER and HOSTNAME back to localhost makes everything work
fine.

Using tkhylafax, trying to send a fax yields an error from tkhylafax:
"Can not reach server at host <hostname>, port 4559" or even locks up
xwindows.

How can I make sure that FAXSERVER and HOSTNAME are set correctly at
all times for hylafax, despite varying HOSTNAMEs established by my ppp
connection?

Please reply to mblauste@capaccess.org as well as the list; I'm not
yet subscribed.

Thanks,