Re: fax2ps

> I=B4ve successfully installed the hylafax-package on my intel-linux-box
> (2.0.36).
> I=B4ve also modified the faxrecv-script to print-out incoming faxes:
   ??? (not apostrophe)
>   fax2ps $1 | lpr   { using APSfilter to convert from PS -> HP LaserJet 4=
> )

This is a rather contorted route.  Although it might not solve your problem,
I'd be suprised if you couldn't go from TIFF to HP via PBM.  If PS is
the only viable intermediate, which is unlikely and it is severe overkill,
you would almost certainly be better off with the TIFF to PS convertor.
tiff2ps is intended to work with real, and quite old, Postscript printers
and does things to minimise printing time, rather than produce the best
postscript in the world.

Incidentally, in a linux world, and given that you need it anyway for
hylafax, why aren't you using ghostscript for the PS to HP step?

> }
> All that works, but - pages are rendered beginning on the left bottom of

Again this doesn't particularly help, but bottom left is the origin of
the Postscript coordinate system.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions