Re: "Waiting for modem to come ready!" with more than two modems!!

Hi,

what kernel version do you have ? The 2.0.36 does not support
irq sharing. Therefore you need kernel 2.2.3 .

Can  you access the modems e.g. via minicom ?

Uli

Dietmar Osterburg wrote:

> Hallo there,
>
> I use Hylafax Version  v4.0pl2 on an Intel-machine (i386) with  SuSE
> Linux 6.0
>
> I want to run Hylafax with 4 modems, but only two are actuell running
> !
> The faxstat command tells me:   2 are running and idle!
>                                                 2 are toggling
> [waiting for modem come ready -> Initializing server -> .....]
> In /etc/inittab the four entrys are available:
[..]

--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de