Searchable archives/fine resolution

To the list:

I am trying to answer a question regarding why I can't get faxes
sent in fine resolution (more on that in a moment).  Therefore,
I was trying to do research on the question, so I went to both
the HylaFAX.org home page and the secondary page ("www.sisis.de").
I know that you used to be able to search the mailing list
archives and I was looking for that capability.  I couldn't find
anything like that on the HylaFAX.org home page; the secondary
page had a link, but it was not valid.  Can anyone point me to
where I can search the mailing list archives?  Any help would
be appreciated.

The question that I was hoping to resolve was why I can't get
faxes sent in fine resolution.  I am running HylaFAX-v4.0pl2
on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 using a Multi-Tech MT2834ZDXb.  I have
defined VRes as equal to 196 in my config file.  I have also
tried sending faxes with the "-m" parameter to sendfax.  In
all cases the doneq file reports "resolution:98".  I have also
looked at the log file.  It reports "REMOTE best vres 7.7 line/mm"
(which I am assuming means that the receiving fax machine is
capable of fine resolution).  It then goes on to report that
it will only "USE 3.85 line/mm" (which I'm assuming is regular
resolution).

Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it?

Thanx for your help,

Chen Coulter
software_sourcery@bigfoot.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions