Re: how much software needed on client machines?

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 01:15:52PM -0500, Howard Moftich wrote:
> I think the vast majority of it is done on the server.
>
> If you look in the top level makefile, I'm pretty sure
> you will find a "client only" type target.

Howard:
Yes, there is a mention in the HylaFAX documentation that I can do a
make InstallClient
but the documentation goes on to state:

A HylaFAX server accepts PostScript or TIFF format files and converts
them to the appropriate format required to transmit them as facsimile.
Any other documents must be converted prior to submitting them to the
server for transmission. In particular ASCII text must be converted
before it can be submitted.
--
Steve DuChene              sad@hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions