From: Tim Kelley [mailto:tpkelley@winkinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 1:22 PM
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: flexfax: How to keep FAXRCVD from converting to postscript?

I know this is elementary for some of you, but ...

I've tried changing some things (evidently the wrong things) in the
script, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep FAXRCVD
from using fax2ps to convert the TIF to ps.  I want it to stay as a TIF
and get emailed to a user.

I can see the relevant portion of the script is

$FAX2PS $FILE 2>/dev/null
echo ""
echo "--MIMEBOUNDARY--"
) | 2>&1 $SENDMAIL -ffax -oi $SENDTO

This - I think - just creates an output file "$FILE" which gets passed
to sendmail ... but I don't understand bash that well ... where does the
"2" come from?  I'm trying to send the original TIFF with none of the
fancy converting - should be easy, right?

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley@winkinc.com

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\Faxrcvd.unix"

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\Faxrcvd.windows"

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions