Re: RTN Problem

Hi Ulrich,

I have posted this patch ,along with the sysV init one of a couple of weeks
ago to:
	http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/

This is my list for handling negative-retrains from selected receiving
locations(ie you are getting them from some locations, *not* everywhere you
send):
1) Apply the tagline patch as currently there is a coding error in the
facsimiles sent by hylafax giving a legitimate reason for the receiving fax
to ask for the page again.
2) Apply the speed reduce patch, just in case it is line noise causing the
bad transmission
3) If sending a 2D encoded doc, try a 1D document, some faxes have
difficulty with 2D encoding
4) Try class 1, just in case there is something funny in the modems firmware
5) Try another modem, apart from a Zyxel 1496/6.19 ;-)
6) Phone up receiver - ask them nicely to buy a new fax machine

I might be on drugs, but there might also be other problem that is not
handled yet - it appears that when ghostscript encodes a tiff document it
includes the RTC sequence at the end of each page, when sending a fax
hylafax just copies this out the port to the receiving machine and then
adds its own RTC ie the RTC is sent twice.

But i might be imagining this, i haven't had time to check this out properly.

- Robert

At 03:54 PM 12/1/98 +0100, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>some time ago there was here a thread about a problem with
>RTN and that HylaFAX does not lower the transmission speed
>after receiving a RTN. As i remember, someone has announce
>a patch against it. I had a look for this patch at hylafax.org
>and http://www.elgro.demon.co.uk/patchlist.php , but couldn't
>find this patch.
>
>Can anybody point me to the right direction ?
>
>Thanks for the help
>Uli
>--
>Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR