Re: bug reports

At 18:57 -0500 1/12/98, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Nicolas Jungers wrote:
>
>> I didn't find (after only a 5 min search :) were to send bug informations,
>> so here it is.

>> I had a really bad time to setup a hylaFax server (i386 debian linux), only
>> getting this error messages in the syslog
>>
>> Nov 24 16:42:25 emphyrio A
>> Nov 24 16:42:26 emphyrio ssertion failed "Invalid Str[] index", file
>> "../util/Str.h" line 116
>
> "Gee, Mr. Mechanic, my car makes a funny noise. Why?"
>
> I'm sorry, we get a lot of these reguests without enough data. Debian
> Linux, what release, and did you install from an RPM or from source?
> And what version of HylaFAX is it?
>
> 			Nico Kadel-Garcia
> 			Senior Engineer, CIRL
> 			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
> 			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu

well, I thought I was clear, the problem was an hardware problem. I just
send that as info, because the relation between the error message and the
problem was not obvious. I was not asking for any particular help, but your
right I had better to include the hylafax version, which is: 4.0.2

the problem was a broken wire for hardware flow control for a modem
identified as using it.
Nicolas
--
mail: nj@linkline.be  Phone: (32-2) 333 55 55  Fax: (32-2) 333 55 56