Re: WHFC and OLE

Ulrich Eckhardt writes:
 > Lutz Kittler wrote:
 >
 > >  > Hi,
 > >  >
 > >  > can this users send faxes via the fax printer feature ? and are
 > >  > there some special "security" options enabled on your Domain=3D20
 > >  > Controller ?
 > >  >
 > >  > Uli
 > >=20
 > > I also tried to call other OLE-applications ( excel ) by perl-script
 > > and got the same result. But I cannot find an entry in the registry
 > > which should deny access ( I also looked at the security ). May
 > > be someone knows which entry is missing or wrong.
 > >=20
 > > If the user want to send fax via fax printer WHFC is started and
 > > I get an error message from whfcmon "WHFC-Ole Server not found".
 > >=20
 > > I also installed WHFC on another WS. There sending faxes by
 > > perl-script for all users ( local and domain ) is okay but
 > > printing via fax printer is only possible for administrator.
 > > For other users I got the same result as written above.
 > >=20
 > > Whats the difference between the two calls of this OLE-server?
 > >=20
 > >    Lutz
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > there are no differences between the OLE calls which the fax printer
 > uses and those you use on perl, but the fax printer runs under the
 > "security" context of the windows spooling system (haven't figured out
 > or found documentation what security context this is).
 >
 > This is definitly an access problem to your registry. At this point
 > i must leave you alone with this problem. Have a look at the
 > documentation
 > for the WHFC Registry entries and on the OLE "Documentation" of
 > Microsoft
 > and try to figure out, which parts of the registry may cause the
 > problem.
 >
 > Uli

Just now I found the reasons :
On the first WS there was a registry entry
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole\DefaultAccessPermission
 ( dont know where it came from )
I deleted it and first WS was okay.

The second WS had only SP1 . After updating to SP3 everything
is okay.

    Thanks for all your answers

                  Lutz

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions