Re: Faxes curupt

Hi Andrew,

David Woolley seems to think it is flow control, and I agree with him.
Change your settings from XON/XOFF to RTS/CTS or the other way round. As
David pointed out the log says that the data is streaming through way
too fast (much faster than a fax machine could ever handle).

Damian

Andrew Williams wrote:

> Hi Damian
>
> You now see why i'm so puzzled, I can find nothing in my log that tells
> me what's wrong.
> BTW: Can ghostscript fonts be a part of that prob?
> Here is a copy of the comfirmation email, I find the page hight portion
> a little strange as it's only a bit larger than the width.
> Have a look at that for me also.
>
> Your facsimile job to 6725111 was completed successfully.
>
>          Pages: 3
>        Quality: Fine
>     Page Width: 215 (mm)
>    Page Length: 279 (mm)
>    Signal Rate: 9600 bit/s
>    Data Format: 1-D MR
> Submitted From: 192.168.0.1
>          JobID: 2
>        GroupID: 2
>         CommID: c00000003
>
> Processing time was 1:57.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew Williams
>
> Damian Ivereigh wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Hmm, nothing obviously wrong in the log. It maybe just be the good old
> > handshaking problem. Try fiddling with the settings. i.e. changing it
> > from XON/XOFF to RTS/CTS or the other way round.
> >
> > Otherwise I think you had better post the log up to the list and see if
> > anyone else can see the problem.
> >
> > Damian
> >
> > Andrew Williams wrote:

> > >  Ooops indeed, those are not in my log.
> > > I donno what happened with the paste but lets try again. This time i'll
> > > just attach the logfile.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Andrew

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia     *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344       *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228  *

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions