Re: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Noel Henson wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:49:50 -0700
> From: Noel Henson <noel@cowboyz.com>
> To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@sinbad.net>, flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved
>
> I see the difference and this could account for it.  The funny thing is
> that mine is installed "out of the box" as well.   I checked some of the
> other systems we have that were installed from the same CD and they have
> the same permissions as those I submitted.  My CD is Slackware 3.5, July
> 1998.  What's yours?

I downloaded it from ftp.hyperion.com around that time, or not much longer
after it was first released.  It would be interesting to hear the reasoning
over the change.  Are your /dev/ttyS* set to the same permissions as well?

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/