Re: Error: /undefined in 8,27 PageWidth

Hi,

Would this be european coding ie using a "," instead of a "." for a decimal
point.

There is a line in (around 420) in util/TextFmt.c++:

static const char* defPrologue = "\
/Cols %u def\n\
/PageWidth %.2f def\n\
/PageHeight %.2f def\n\
/LH %u def\n\
/B{gsave}def\n\
/LN{show}def\n\
/

If printf("%.2f",float_number) uses a comma then maybe thats it.

good luck - Robert

At 12:22 PM 10/20/98 -0700, JÜRGEN ANZER wrote:
>Chen Coulter wrote:
>>
>> Jurgen:
>>
>> About 60 lines into the file that you are sending, the "PageWidth"
>> and "PageHeight" parameters are defined as follows:
>>
>>   /PageWidth 8,27 def
>>   /PageHeight 11,69 def
>>
>> ... The possibility also exists that these parameters are being
>> specified in inches, so, in that case, simply change the commas
>> to periods.
>>
>Thank you Chen!
>I´ve done this and GhostScript converts this file correctly without any
>error now.
>
>> If you can find where these are originally defined and change them
>> accordingly ...
>
>That´s the problem now.
>I´ve searched all the subdirs of HylaFAX for a string matching "8,"
>without success. As I´ve already said, I´ve got only the binary
>distribution - perhaps this is coded somewhere in the source.
>Perhaps I could write a filter to change /PageWidth 8,27 and /PageHeight
>11,68 into /PageWidth 8.27 and /PageHeight 11.69 - but this seems not to
>be a very smart...
>
>Can someone give me a hint where this is coded (in sendfax?) and how to
>get these values correctly?
>
>Many thanks in advance!
>Juergen

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions