Re: Hylafax only sending a few lines of my faxes.Please Help

Hi Tim,

With Eduardo, we fiddled with the xonxoff rtscts settings. I don't quite
know what he did, but it did fix it.

Eduardo, fancy telling the list what you did?

Damian

Tim Fredrick wrote:

> We have a similar problem to Eduardo's -- Our Multitech MT2834ZPX modem
> only sends 2 or 3 lines of actual fax -- and the silicon graphics logo is
> only half displayed.  We believe our ghostview is working properly, so now
> I'm thinking we might have an RPM for hylafax that isn't working properly.
> We're attempting to fax with the following command and I'll append our
> configuration file at the end of this message:
>
>         sendfax -n -D -d 555555555 /etc/passwd
>
> Does anyone have a Multitech MT2834ZPX modem that is working?  What version
> of hylafax are you using on what machine?
>
> Would my version of the Linux kernel matter?  I'm using a 2.1 (122) kernel
> in order to take advantage of its faster NFS.
>
> Also, how can I diagnose this problem myself?  How are people getting
> the dumps in their syslogs they keep posting to this list?
>
> Thanks in advance.  --Tim Fredrick  (fredrick@acd.ucar.edu)
>                       NCAR/ACD Computer Systems Administration
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I just install  HylaFAX v4.0 under SCO OS5 ; using a  Rockwell RC288DPi
> > based class 2 Modem.
> >
> > I have a 'little' problem ...........:
> >
> > Every fax that I send , I can't not get more than a few lines on the
> > receiving fax machine ??.
> > for instance i sent a fax using the default cover page and I only got
> > the silicon graphics logo and nothing else on the cover, and a2 or 3
> > lines of the actual fax..
>
> Here is our config.ttyS2 file:
>
> ModemType:              Class2          # use class 2 interface
> ModemRate:              14400           # lock rate for DCE-DTE communication
> ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff
> #
> ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&E4           # hardware flow control
> ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&E5           # software flow control
> ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D3           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
> ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
> ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1        # enable adaptive-answer in class 2
> ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s@         # T for tone dialing, @ for silence
> #
> Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"          # character sent to modem to start recv

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * 408-526-4413          *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * 800-800-1180 x64413   *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax:   408-527-2563   *

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions