Re: faxaddmodem question

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Leo Wong wrote:

> After a lot of frustration, i figure out that i was never able to write
> to /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1... I run faxaddmodem many many times,
> changing a couple of argument and i see the file
> /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1, the argument wasn't written down!

No, it should be created correctly with owner uucp, although you need
to run faxaddmodem as "root".

> i've already chmod 666 to the file /var/spool/fax/etc....

This should be 755, at a minimum, in order to be able to "cd" to
that directory. It's generally not a good idea to mess with
the default permissions ont he HylaFAX files.

What OS and shell are you using? I've had difficulties when
I typed in something foolish for a faxaddmodem value and
the shell script for faxaddmodem broke...

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions