faxaddmodem question

Hi,

After a lot of frustration, i figure out that i was never able to write
to /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1... I run faxaddmodem many many times,
changing a couple of argument and i see the file
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1, the argument wasn't written down!

I login as root, but isee the owner is uucp. do i have to su as uucp?
i've already chmod 666 to the file /var/spool/fax/etc....

What do i do?

Thanks in advance

Leo

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions