Re: Hylafax-V4.0 on unixware 7

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Tim Rice wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, kees wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I assume you checked owner/permissions of the directories in $FAXSPOOL
> > as well the same for the seqf files.....
> > Kees
> >

> Yes I did. But then I would expect an EPERM error on permissions problems
> not an EINVAL.

Hmm, could this be due to a unexpectedly large gid on the current
process? ie, if you're running with a gid that the file-system doesn't
like it won't create a file with that gid hence the EINVAL error.

[Reaching for answers...]

Jonathan Chen
                        "By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8,
       the other dwarves began to suspect 'Hungry' ..." - Gary Larson

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions