modem init?

Hello:

   I think I've advanced, I was  disabling faxgetty because I thought it
gave troubles to my internet connection, now what I,m getting is this:

Aug 18 15:41:10 server FaxGetty[478]: /dev/modem: Can not initialize
modem.

I've tried to make work as class2.0 and as class 1, the modem says its
supports both, but I still getting this, I've edited the config.modem by
hand  and  checked that all instructions are valid to my modem, but still
getting the same.

Any hint???

Thanks!!!

J. Carlos Cristobal