Re: (.au) Recomend modems please

At 03:04 PM 8/19/98 +1000, David Ford <ddf@comdyn.com.au> wrote:
>Michael Firkins wrote:
>
>>                       Subject:                              Time:  1:31
>> PM
>>   OFFICE MEMO         (.au) Recomend modems please          Date:
>> 17/8/98
>> Hi.
>> Australian Hylafax users: can you recomend modems available in Australia
>> for reliable use with Hylafax? I am putting together a couple of
>> servers and I've run out of previously reliable Simplemodem 144f's
>> If someone has put together a faq on this please refer me to it.
>> Please note that US modems are not always available here, and may
>> perform differently here due to the vagaries of our local phone
>> network, which is both better and worse than the stateside one.
>>
>> please and thanks,
>>
>> Michael
>
>Unfortunately I can't recommend a Netcomm SmartModem M7F.  We tried and
>failed.  We're casting about for a more compatible modem, so if you find
>another class 2 that will send "fine" mode faxes please let me know.

Hmmm, this is strange, because I have found Netcomm SmartModems usable with
HylaFAX...

>Best regards
>
>David
>David Ford                     |     Project Manager
>Commercial Dynamics            |     02 9954 8216
>L5, 100 Mount St, North Sydney | fax 02 9954 8250
>NSW 2065                       | Australia   +61
>http://www.tradingpost.com.au  | ddf@comdyn.com.au
> In the future,                | History is bunk.
> history will be big.          | Henry Ford
> David Ford  - Jan 1998        | 1863-1947

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions