Re: Rules by telephone number. . .

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:32:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu>
> To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@sinbad.net>
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Rules by telephone number. . .
>
> Wait: The Windows program's print handling ignores the selection of which
> pages to handle? Gack.

I'm not taking any responsibility for that atrocity, but I believe the original culprits did it in VB 3.0.  Need I say more? ;-)

> > Temporarily, I've modified the ps2fax script to use the psselect tool (part of a postcript tools tarball I found on sunsite.unc.edu) to extract only the first page, and render that.  The downside of this is that we can no longer fax anything longer th
an
> > ne page, should we have some other place to send it.
>
> Hmm. Why not translate the file to TIFF, then use the "tiffcp" tool on
> it to split up the file and select the desired pages? Or is the file
> wastefully large to handle this way? Or can you get into the ghostscript
> options and pull the pages that way (since ps2fax uses ghostscript?)

Regardless of whether I select the page in tiff or ps format, I need to be able to do this according to the number it is being sent to, since there is only one number that has the one page restriction.  Any ideas?

> It's an interesting problem...

<G> That doesn't bode well, eh? ;-)

	--Arthur Corliss
	  "Live Free or Die--the Only Way to Live" (NH State Motto)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions