Re: How to control idle state?

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Bob Worthy wrote:

> After grabbing a $25 modem that uses a Rockwell chip,
> class 2 fax out works, but i have the same problem with mode switching
> back to data.

[snip]

Heres an example snippet for a Rockwell-chip modem relevant config
using faxgetty and class 2. The important bits are the
ModemSetupAACmd, and the ModemResetCmd (which *shouldn't* contain ATZ)

--
Jonathan Chen
                When all other forms of communication fail, use words
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:          Class2      # use class 2 interface
ModemRate:          38400       # locked for fax sending&receiving
ModemFlowControl:   rtscts      # default
#
# Reset with:
#   B0  CCITT operation
#   &G2 1800Hz Guard tone
#   S11=70  DTMF dial speed
ModemResetCmds:     ATB0&G2S11=70
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:     AT&K0       # disable flow control cmd
ModemSoftFlowCmd:   AT&K4       # software flow control cmd
ModemHardFlowCmd:   AT&K3       # hardware flow control cmd
ModemSetupDTRCmd:   AT&D3       # DTR off causes modem to reset
ModemSetupDCDCmd:   AT&C1       # DCD follows carrier
ModemSetupAACmd:    AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=0   # enable adaptive-answer, Class 0 idle
#
ModemRecvFillOrder: MSB2LSB     # bit order of received facsimile
ModemSendFillOrder: LSB2MSB     # bit order modem expects for transmit
#
ModemDialCmd:       ATDT%s      # T for tone dialing
#
# Chip locks the line rate and switches to xon/xoff flow
# control when receiving facsimile--we must follow suit.
#
ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd: "<19200><xon>"  # lock line rate & switch flow control
#
Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"      # character sent to modem to start recv

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions