How to control idle state?

I'm running hylafax 4.0pl2 on a sparc-10, running SunOS 5.6.  I'm using
a usr-sportster 56K faxmodem (1 year old), and have configured hylafax to
use it as a class 1 device.  Since we rarely send faxes and never receive them,
I don't run faxgetty and hence manually turn on the software when we want to
send (I know this is dumb).

Here's my problem:  when finished sending a fax, the modem remains in fax mode
and incoming data calls don't work.  This also is the case when I shutdown
with faxquit.  The only thing that works is to manually send an atz0 to the
device after faxq has exited.

Here's what's at the end of my config.modem file, which suggests
that it should do what I want.

#
# The remainder of this configuration is included so that the
# modem "idles" in Class 0 while not sending or receiving facsimile.
#
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=0&H1&I0&R2    # leave modem in class 0
ModemAnswerCmd:         AT+FCLASS=1&H1&I0&R2A   # force RTS/CTS after change
ModemResetCmds          ATZ0ATH0                # Modem reset commands

David Ronis

P.S.,  is there any information about adaptive answering and my modem?  Is it
suported and if so, how well?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions