problems with faxrcvd script...

Hello all,

Well, I did as you all told and looked into the faxrcvd script to post
process incoming faxes.  i thought it should be weasy to do what I wanted
to do, but alas no.

what i need to do is insert three lines, one line to copy the incoming tif
file to a temporary directory, one to do conversion on it(by adding a line
to execute a shell script) and a third line to execute a shellscript to
create a web page index.

now, I thought the best place to put it would be after all the mail stuff
for a successful mreciept.  that is, the faxrcvd script would mail the
user saying hey it worked, then my scripts woudl run and convert the tif
to a pdf, and then make a web index of all recieved pdfs.

so here's where i looked to put it:

         echo ""
         $FAX2PS $FILE 2>/dev/null
         echo ""
         echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"
        ) | 2>&1 $SENDMAIL -ffax -oi $SENDTO
    fi
---my stuff inserted here-----
else
    #
    # Generate notification mail for a failed attempt.
    #

now, i put my three lines there, but nothing gets executed.  all the mail
still works just fine, but nothing that I have added works correctly.  so
then i tried putting my stuff closer to the "front" of the faxrcvd script,
right here:
if [ -f $FILE ]; then
    #
    # Check the sender's TSI and setup to dispatch
    # facsimile received from well-known senders.
    #
---mine go here---
    SENDER="`$INFO $FILE | $AWK -F: '/Sender/ { print $2 }' 2>/dev/null`"
    SENDTO=
    if [ -f etc/FaxDispatch ]; then

again, everything from the default works, as far as email goes, but
nothing i have added gets executed.

anyone have any ideas on how i am supposed to do this?  I could have sworn
I understood shell scripts, and the syntax of this shell script in
particular, but this has got me totally stumped.

if this is an easy solution, my apologies in advance for any wasted
bandwidth.

also, thanks in advance, for any help you can give me.

Josh

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions