Re: Modem Problems with faxmodem

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Robert Strattum wrote:

> anytime I start faxmodem - I get the following errors
>
> FIFO: open: No such file or directory
>
> am I missing something here?

Both hfaxd and faxq need to be running before you can use any of the
related fax commands can be used. If I recall correctly, hfaxd creates
a FIFO file in /var/spool/fax, named FIFO; which should be owned by
uucp.
--
Jonathan Chen            |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
<jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>    |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions