Re: Exit status Oxb

  UE> kevin@meso.com wrote:

  +> Hi,

  +> After several weeks of flawless performance by Hylafax, yesterday I
  +> started to notice several of our fax jobs failing with "Exit Status
  +> Oxb."  These failures coincide with several kernel messages in our
  +> /var/log/messages file on our Linux 2.0.27 system, which I have attached
  +> below.  Could anyone help me figure out what might be going on here?  Does
  +> this mean we might be having some system-related problems that is causing
  +> Hylafax to err?

  +> Note that not all of our fax jobs are failing--this is an intermittent
  +> problem, which perhaps not coincidentally, began after our systems went
  +> down due to a power failure.

  +> Thanks!

  +> Kevin Tyle <kevin@meso.com> MESO, Inc.

  UE> Hi,

  UE> this seems to be a problem of the linux kernel and not a problem of
  UE> HylaFAX. Update your linux kernel to 2.0.33

Unless I have misremembered this, the kernel was reporting general protection faults (segfaults). In this case the problem may not have been due to HylaFAX, and a reboot should be sufficient to bring things into a much healthier state.

A kernel upgrade's still a good idea though . . . 2.0.34 should be released soon, if not already, and 2.0.33 is definitely very stable. Of course, kernel upgrades are not for the faint of heart.

-DPN

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions