Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

| I perhaps would remove or alter the LocalIdentifier line to make it your
| phone no only, but i imagine this would only upset a small percentage of
| fax machines.  Also it's just a personal thing but it would be much better
| if you were using /dev/ttySX rather than /dev/modem.

My /dev/modem is linked to /dev/cua0. I'm always confused about the
difference between cuaX and ttySX. I also remember reading somewhere on
the Usenet that Linux would "soon" abolish this distinction which caused
more problems than it solved, or something to that effect. Did this
"soon" mean kernel 2.0.30?

Regards,
Shuvam

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions