Re: TPC-OPER: Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

Hi!

[WOW deleted, I agree 8-)]
> It looks sooo bad that I almost feel like mailing you one of my ZDX modems
> to test out & see if there is a similar problem <g>.  I have no idea if
> it would even work though, coming from Canada and such.

In a few weeks, when we're decreasing our dialin-pool, I'll send
him Multitechs for him to experiment.

*But*: Look at our failure rate. Its not that much better, its even
worse.

> > No local dialtone                                              167     25.3
>
> why are there 167 faxes where there is no local dial dial tone????

> > Hope you now see my point. And I'm unwilling to accept that all this is
> > simply a case of bad Indian phone lines. Lines are bad, yes, but not
> > this bad, I feel.

Here stats from our cell, the last 10-12 days or, one summary for
approx. 12 modems sending in parallel, with a setup like this:

freebsd 2.2.5, hylafax 4.0p1, livingston portmaster, Multitech modems,
accessed via nettty (a tty emulator from livingston).

German phone line quality 8-} 45.9% failures. Maybe we're dumb 8-}

		So short, PI

Modem: Combined Total
Total faxes sent:                                                     15486

Error                                                           No  Rate/1000
No response to MPS repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem     1      0.1
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; too many attempts to sen    34      2.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error                             300     19.4
Busy signal detected                                          3404    219.8
COMREC error in transmit Phase B/got DCN                         6      0.4
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou     4      0.3
Unable to transmit page (NAK with operator intervention)         1      0.1
RSPREC error/got DCN                                             4      0.3
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou    33      2.1
No response to EOP repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem     3      0.2
Unknown problem (check modem power)                              4      0.3
Unspecified Image format error                                   1      0.1
No response to EOP repeated 3 times; too many attempts to se     1      0.1
COMREC error in transmit Phase B/got DCN; too many attempts      1      0.1
No response to MPS repeated 3 times                             38      2.5
Job aborted by user                                              3      0.2
No response to EOP repeated 3 times                              3      0.2
Communication failure during Phase B/C; Giving up after 3 at     7      0.5
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou   103      6.7
DIS/DTC received 3 times; DCS not recognized                     3      0.2
No local dialtone                                              223     14.4
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value                    1      0.1
Communication failure during Phase B/C                          25      1.6
DCS sent 3 times without response                                8      0.5
No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)                                    507     32.7
Invalid response to MPS                                          1      0.1
No answer from remote                                          478     30.9
Invalid dialing command                                          9      0.6
DCS sent 3 times without response; Giving up after 3 attempt     1      0.1
No carrier detected                                           1903    122.9
Total                                                         7110    459.1

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  22 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        pi@LF.net

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions