Re: TPC-OPER: Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Steve Williams wrote:

> The USR Sportsters, one of the most popular modems sold, are agreed by
> EVERYONE, that for commercial use, the ARE JUNK!!!.

That is a pretty harsh statement. For commercial *FAX* use, they may be
junk, but they make damn good data modems. In my experience, I've
had many customers replace a variety of different modems with sportsters
and seen much improved data connection reliability and connect rates.

Regards
Greg
Gregory Massel         CyberSurf Technologies
greg@csurf.co.za         Tel: +27 31 207-3034
PGP-key on request       Fax: +27 31 207-6749
Cell number on request   a/h: +27 31  81-4273