Re: how to share a line between fax/voice

> if it is a fax : answer and get the fax
> if it is a voice call : ? what can we do?

Answer and pass it to a third party vgetty, as documented.  All solutions
require answering (even the fax switch hardware boxes answer before re-
generating ringing).

Note the vgetty in mgetty probably needs some work before it can be used.

Conventionally vgetty would implement an answering machine, but I suppose
it could also sound an alarm to allow a manual answer, although, in that
case, Hylafax probably wouldn't know the line wasn't free.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions