Re: Job time limit exceeded

> lives.  Converting Postscript to tiffg3 takes a *lot* of disk, because
> neither of those are really written for compactness as I understand them.

tiffg3 should be compact, or near as compact as you can get for a two level
whole page compressed bit map.  It is the raw fax format with some small
headers, and the fax format was designed for short transmission times.

Note though that T.4 (fax G3) was optimised for typewritten text.  It is
likely to perform badly for dithered gray scale images; it codes run
lengths with variable length codes, and dithered images are likely to have
many vary short runs; the shortness will mean they get a long code because of
being rare in typed text.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions