HylaFAX and some minor problems...

Hi Guys,

Well, Im new to the list and FreeBSD and HylaFAX (but learning fast)
so please bear with me...

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2 and have just installed HylaFAX (ver 3.0pl0)
I have set it up to send and receive faxes but really only need it to
receive faxes.

I need every received fax to to print automatically so I inserted the
following line in faxrcvd (as suggested in the FAQ's)

/usr/local/bin/fax2ps $1 | gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet3 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- |
lp

then when a single page fax is received I get about 5 pages with about 2
inches of rubbish printed out at the top of each page.

Do I need to define the device ljet3 and how?  I cant seem to find a
printer config file or program.   Will the received file be deleted
automatically after 'X' days or will I need to manually delete them from
time-to-time?

Also when I run Winflex, and try and view the status of the send or receive
queue, I get the following:

Error: Unable to find service name "fax": WSAN0_DATA: No host data record
of requested type?
WARNING: Connect("192.168.1.1", "fax") failed.
Server on 192.168.1.1:FIFO for all modems: Running
Server on 192.168.1.1:cuaa0 for "+61395960117": Running and idle

What am I doing wrong??  I have read all the documentation I can find.
(much of it seems very unfriendly and seems to assume a familiarity with
Hylafax) which doesnt help new users!!

Please Help...any suggestions gratefully accepted :-)
Tearing my hair out!!

Brett Gray

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions