Re: hylafax sendfax disconnecting after negotiation

> Eric, I'm having a problem with HylaFax 4.0.. I'm using the Redhat RPM
> hylafax-4.0-6.i386.rpm version.  I saw your note about 'sendfax' problems

The general advice is build from source; note that this is probably in
Redhat format, but not from Redhat.

> and exit with a "SEND FAILED: Unspecified Transmit Phase B error".

Most problems on the list have this generic symptom; more detail is
needed.

> I had sent in my USR Sporster modem in to get fixed.  USR replaced it
> with a new one.  While that was in the mail, I had upgraded HylaFAX versions.

The Sportster firmware from about 6 months ago had broken Class 2 support,
which would be obviously in a trace.  The workaround is to use Class 1.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions