RE: T.30 errors on answer/MultiTech ZDX modems

from Don Thompson <don@drumhill.prestel.co.uk>:

> I've spoken to MultiTech, they're mailing me some new PROM's. at rev. 0316A=
> . My home based MT2834ZDXK is a higher rev. (0313A) than the office units (=
> 0311) and
> today I tested it out successfully with one of the problematic corresponden=
> ts. Assuming that the increments to 0316A don't undo any of the good work b=
> etween rev. 0311
> and 0313A it looks like the end of the issue.

I've just had to downgrade our latest MultiTech modems from 3.16A to
3.13A, because the latest firmware tended to hang the modem when data
connections were lost due to poor line conditions.  Hylafax dutifully
lowered and raised DTR to get the modem's attention (I have &D3 set,
which is supposed to cause a reset when DTR is dropped).  The only way
to get the modem's attention was to turn the power off, then on.  I had
MultiTech send me a half dozen copies of 3.13A firmware to downgrade the
modems we supply to customers.

This was a couple of weeks ago - I need to call their tech support to
find out if there's been any resolution.

There was also a fix to improved fax reception that I posted quite a
while ago - it was to increase the threshold for carrier detect - you
might want to try it, too:

	ats38=35

I haven't found a modem yet that I've been happy with for receiving
faxes.  The next one I'd like to try is Zyxel...

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions