Re: RE: T.30 errors on answer/MultiTech ZDX modems

> There was also a fix to improved fax reception that I posted quite a
> while ago - it was to increase the threshold for carrier detect - you
> might want to try it, too:
>
> 	ats38=35
>
> I haven't found a modem yet that I've been happy with for receiving
> faxes.  The next one I'd like to try is Zyxel...

Can you post a working config file for the Multitech modems?  I was
going to but recently changed jobs and no longer have access to
one, and I think the config I used took advantage of some saved
settings.  The main thing that isn't well documented is that you
need to give both AT&E5 and AT&E13 to get hardware flow control
in both directions - this is in contrast to most settings which
are mutually exclusive.  I also set &E10 but I've forgotten why
(and I think it's a default anyway).

  Les Mikesell
     les@mcs.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions