Re: Multiple Modems

At 08:48 AM 11/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Humm...,
>
>It seems to me that what we would need to do is to write a driver
>that maps a device to a socket and then run hylafax with the name of
>that device as the serial device.
>
>Can any Unix guru please indicate if this is the way to go?
>
>If it is, it would be a question of finding a group interested in
>developing this. I'm willing to help, but I lack the necessary
>expertise,

I think that this is part of the problem.  Our MAX TNT has about 670 modems
I think (I'm not quite sure, I'ld have to look it up).  I don't thinke we
really want 500+ devices that HylaFAX is talking to as serial ports which
have drivers communicating with the Rack BOX.  We have to find some more
feasable way to do it.

Aidan.
Aidan Van Dyk                        aidan@magma.ca
Magma Communications Ltd.            Internet Solutions
Unit 210, 52 Antares Drive              for the Ottawa Area
Nepean, ON, K2E 7Z1  CANADA          http://www.magma.ca/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions