HylaFAX and PPP on one modem?

Dear All

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.1 with UserPPP to connect my LAN to the net
on demand using the -auto switch and HylaFAX 4.0 pl1 to send faxes
from the LAN.

I am trying to use the same modem (a Hayes Accura 56K External -
Class1 fax) on cuaa0 with both packages.  Is this possible?

I have got both packages working seamlessly when run one at a time but
when I run both together HylaFAX always gives me the 'Waiting for
modem to come ready' message.  Is there a way around this?  Has anyone
got this setup running smoothly?

Thanks
Jay

---------
Jay Dixon - Dixons Surgical Ltd - Wickford - Essex - England
jay@dixonssurgical.co.uk  -  http://www.dixonssurgical.co.uk

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions