Problem executing faxrcvd, SOS!

I am running Linux 2.0.29 or something like this. I downloaded the
hylafax v4pl1 version installed and compiled it as recommended in the
literature.

My problem is that when I receive a fax, faxrcvd script is not
executed it bounces with error and nothing happens. I checked the
code and it is calling /bin/sh sh -c faxrcvd ...... (plus the
parameters passed to faxrcvd). When I run it from the command line
(/bin/sh -c faxrcvd .....) it does not work saying that the number of
parameters is wrong. If I omit the -c it works with no problem in the
command line.

Does anybody have a clue on what to do?

Why did configure pick up /bin/sh and not /bin/bash?

Can this be the problem? I saw in the text of the configure script
that Linux can have problems with sh.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Julio

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions