Re: problem sending faxes to pxb

Uuuups,

Matthias is right, I confused the parameters. and I suppose that he
is also right this may be modem dependent. I just tried this with USR
and this was the problem. While in adaptive answer it tries to listen
to the other side tone to determine whether it is a fax machine or a
modem and it does not emit the tone.

Julio
> From:          Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de
> Subject:       Re: flexfax: problem sending faxes to pxb
> To:            Julio C Spinelli <spine001@gold.tc.umn.edu> (Julio C Spinelli)
> Date:          Sat, 1 Nov 1997 18:21:35 +0100 (MEZ)
> Cc:            flexfax@sgi.com

> Julio C Spinelli wrote:
>
>     To have the modem emit this tone, you need to have autoanswer off,
>     something like AT+FAA=0 works in many modems. To have this be part of
>     the hylafax initialization, you need to add a statement similar
>     (please check the manual pages for setup for the exact spelling) to
>
>     AdaptiveAnswer: AT+FAA=0 #turns adaptive answer off
>
>     To your config.xxx file (xxx represents the device name where the
>     modem is) in the /var/spool/fax/etc directory.
>
> AdaptiveAnswer: controls as a boolean value whether or not an
> adaptive answer strategy is used (and defaults to No). It has
> nothing to do with the CNG tone and setting AT+FAA=0 into
> this configuration parameter would no work. The problem of
> the original question was also how to make the modem emit CNG
> during a call. AT+FAA=1 is typically set in ModemSetupAACmd:
> to make HylaFAX service a fax, data, or voice call
> as identified by the modem(!). Naturally this will only work if the
> supports a good adaptive-answering facility (for more infos
> see html/setup-advanced.php and the man page config(4F)).
>
> I don't know if or if not AT+FAA=0 in ModemSetupAACmd: for the
> modem (NB: the original poster didn't give much information
> about the modem) will switch on CNG after placing a call.
> I just run a test with my ZyXEL 2864 and it emits CNG after
> placing a call regardless of setting AT+FAA=0 or AT+FAA=1.
>
> 	matthias
>
>     Do this and it will work in many home pbxs. There are still some,
>     that for reasons unknown to me confuse the modem into getting a busy
>     tone and it just hangs up when they answer. Does anybody have any
>     solutions for this?
>
>     Good luck
>
>     Julio

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions