Re: questions about agetty, mgetty and getty

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Ancil Bethelmy wrote:

> I have been trying to setup HylaFAX-v4.0pl1 on a DEC alpha.
>
> Here is the problem. I have been asked by the software during setup
> where the  getty programs agetty and vgetty are. I have been unable to
> get any code to compile for these programs. Any ideas on where to get
> the code for a dec alpha? Failing that, is it possible to use the
> regular getty with the HylaFAX software? Where in the config process do
> you tell it to ignore looking for agetty and vgetty.

agetty and vgetty are optional hooks for non-data/fax calls. You can
supply a non-existent pathnames (the last I looked anyway), and the
system will accept it.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>                 Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.