Re: problem sending faxes to pxb

Ferenc Cserei wrote:

    We encuntered a problem when our properly running hylafax tries to send
    faxses to places where small (home) pbx installed.
    It seems the pbx expects some kind of signalling from the sender to decide
    wether it's a voice, data or fax call. Hylafax is quiet and the receiver
    hangs the line, resulting no answer from remote.

    Is there a way to configure hylafax to send this signal (a kind of         repeating beep) after the receiver picks up the phone.

This tone is called the CNG (1100 Hz, remains on for 1/2 s and goes
off for 3 s). It's not issued by HylaFAX itself. faxsend(1M) only dials
the number and your (fax-) modem should emit this tone. Check
your modem manual how to configure your modem to emitt this tone
and place the AT-command into the modem config-file (e.g. into
ModemResetCmds:)

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions