Re: new modems vs Class 2

[On 29 Sep 97 22:23 -0400, evan@telly.org wrote:]

>On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>
>> Do any of the new, fast modems support Class 2 or Class 2.0?
>
>The 33.6Kbps Multitechs support Class 2.

Note that the new Multitech K56flex model currently supports only class 1.
I was ready to ship off my 2834ZDXb to be upgraded when I was told this.
They explained that the class 2 code wouldn't fit on the chipset they
were using after they added the 56K stuff and to wait a month or so and
call back to see if the problem had been remedied.

--
Roger Cornelius        rac@tenzing.org

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions