RE: whfc problem

On 14-Sep-97 Ekkehard Burkon wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have troubles with the whfc Windows 95 Client.
>Everything worked but when I had to change my
>IP addresses whfc started making troubles.
>
>Whfc is not able to connect properly to the Hylafax
>Server. It says "Connected to..." for a while
>then a popup window opens showing the message:
>"aragorn.bdt-networks.com server (HylaFax (tm) Version 4.0pl1 ready)"
>after that another msg comes up saying user xyz logged in.
>But I never get a status of the jobs or what ever.
>
>I tried it with telnet on port 4559 and everything seems
>to be ok.

I found the reason for the problem there was an old entry
in the /etc/hosts file for the old ip address.

This didn't  make any troubles in normal operation because
the other machines used the nameserver not the hosts file.

cu
  Ekkehard

Ekkehard Burkon    | Email:     burkon@pollux.edv.agrar.tu-muenchen.de
Ismaninger Str. 28 | Phone:     +49-8161-871616
85356 Freising     | BBS & Fax: +49-8161-871617