Time for a new patchlevel? (was RE: Hylafax future)

Folks,

Now that you're all thinking about ToDo lists and the future of HylaFAX,
perhaps someone will volunteer for (or comment on the status of) a
progression to a new patchlevel of HylaFAX.

We have seen many people spend many hours to dubug HylaFAX, and the results
posted to the mailing list.  Several months ago I enumerated the
contributed patches in the hopes of sparking some discussion on the
subject, but was disappointed. These patches, some of them which solve very
real and annoying bugs in HylaFAX behaviour (broken textfmt and JID numbers
which get stuck in the high thousands and never cycle back to zero when
they wrap) have not been either vetted, or released to the community at
large.

Please, please, please can we have some authoritative statement from "the
keepers of the source" about when we might expect to be able to move to
pl2? Barring that, do we have a volunteer to dig through mailing list
archives since the release of pl1 (or their own archives) to inventory
possible patches, which we may then, as a community, attempt to vet before
forming a list of 'recommended patches'?

Cheers.

-DPN

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions