Re: Timing Out

  AVD> Hi.

  AVD> I'm having problems with my faxes not being completed before they
  AVD> time out.

Oh dear Aidan, are you dropping TPC faxes on the floor as well? *grin*

  AVD> If I suddenly send large bunch of BIG faxes (I only have a single
  AVD> modem), the last ones don't get completed, because they "timedout"
  AVD> "Your facsimile job to 16139955342 could not be completed before the
  AVD> appointed deadline."

Right, you need to increase the killtime parameter when you invoke sendfax.

  AVD> I even did: sendfax -n -d 16139955342 -k "now +23 hour" document.ps
  AVD> expecting the -k to let it go, but it seems that the "timed" out is
  AVD> happening before the first transmition, so it doesn't even attempt a
  AVD> first transmition.

  AVD> Anything I can do?  I'm probably missing somethign simple, but I just
  AVD> can't seem to find it in the sendfax man page.

I think you missed:

       The  order  of options on the command line is significant.
       Each fax to be transmitted is assigned the  current  value
       of  parameters specified on the command line; e.g. whether
       or not to generate a cover page.  This means that  options
       that  specify parameters for a particular destination must
       precede the dialstring specified with the -d option.   For
       example,

Your -k is getting ignored cuz it comes after the -d.

-DPN

--
Mr. Arlington Hewes           (tpcadmin@info.tpc.int)
The TPC.INT Subdomain          (http://www.tpc.int/)

       ***  FOR GENERAL INFORMATION                   ***
       ***         Mail to tpcfaq@info.tpc.int        ***
       ***  FOR A LIST OF CURRENT COVERAGE            ***
       ***         Mail to tpccover@info.tpc.int      ***