Re: Okay, so it was a FAQ...

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Elliot Smorodinsky wrote:

> 	To clarify, tip works. Tip works very well. So does HylaFax. My
> problem, specifically, is that getty recognizes the lock file and obeys
> it... for about 30 seconds. Then, as the modem is in the midst of
> dialing, getty calmly declares the UUCP lock file 'stale' and blows it away,
> grabbing control of the modem back from 'tip'. And I cannot for the life of
> me find the place in the config files where that 30-second default resides...

The lock-file type that DEC's getty is not what HylaFAX is using. You
could try fiddling the UUCPLockType: in your HylaFAX config to match
what getty and/or tip expects.

Alternatively, you could disable the getty, and use faxgetty instead
(which is my preferred solution).
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions