Re: HylaFax (x86) and ISDN

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Matthias Laessig wrote:

> Hi!
>
>   is it possible to use HylaFax 4.0pl1 on PPro200 with ISDN (Teles
> 16.3)?
> Asking /dev/ttyI0 with command at+fclass=? for possible Classes showed
> 0,8 (Data and Voice) only - but why can I fax with 95/NT? Do I need some
> additional tools (converter for fax <--> audio)?

Under Linux, Teles driver (HiSax) doesn't support fax. It is because
Teles doesn't have have chips for fax and everything has to be done by
software. You should occupy all CPU to perform satisfactory.

I tried fax and V.34 emulation with original Telese drivers on Win95 and
it didn't perform well anyway. (Not to mention that averything else has
stoped to zero while transmiting).

	lp
		gody

Matjaz Godec            |     "ELGO" Maribor d.o.o.   |     Electronics
matjaz.godec@elgo.si    |     Ul. Josipa Priola 35    | Telecommunications
tel/fax:+ 386 62 214460 |  si 2ooo Maribor, Slovenija |    CALDERA-LINUX
http://www.elgo.si/	|   Slovenian network "SloN"  | Internet consultant

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions