SCO HylaFAX-v4.0 server not reachable?

Has anyone out there had the following problems with running hylafax on a SCO
machine?  I've been using hylafax-v3 for at least a year with no problems,
but one day i rebooted and I couldn't get faxstat to validate any fax server
running (even though faxq seemed to be running just fine.)  Ok, then i though
hey there's a new hylafax version v4.0pl1, and maybe i had some corrupt files
in my old hylafax after boot up.  I installed the binary
hylafax-sco3.2v4.2-v4.0pl1-cpio.gz
and ran faxsetup, added my two fax modems and after I installed and checked to
see that faxq was runing and hfaxd was in the /etc/services, i ran faxstat
with fingers crossed, but got this:

faxstat -v
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Can not reach server at host "localhost", port 4559.

I can't even telnet to the port as i've read you can do if faxq is running

telnet localhost 4559
Trying 127.0.0.1...

One Note: I don't see a hfaxd running but i assumed that it would automatically
start if you put it in /etc/services and did kill -HUP initd
which i did.

I couldn't find this problem in any of the FAQ lists i browsed so i hope i'm
not going over an easily encountered problem.

TIA

-skito

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions