Re: HylaFAX v4.0pl1 installation problem

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, S.S.F. Ahmed wrote:

[snip]

> About the syslog traces, we attach the "messages" and "syslog" files as
> configured in the syslog.conf file to see the status.
>
> Please enlighten us about further changes in the system needed.

Well, a quick look thru' your syslog traces reveal that you're using a
USR Sportster V34+ in Class2.0 mode. If you've been following the
mailing list these past few weeks, you'll have noticed quite a few
complaints about USR Sportsters modems and Class2/2.0 Fax modes.

If you're really in a hurry, I suggest you replace your Fax-modem
with something else (I'm sure others on the list will suggest good
alternatives; we use one with a Rockwell-288DPi chip). Remember to
change your config.tty* file if you do.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions