Re: sendfax and multiple destinations

> I've been toying with the idea of adding the capability to read a list
> of destinations from a file or stdin, instead of on the command
> line. I want to be able to send a fax to an arbitrary number of
> destination. If might work like:
>
> 	cat my_destinations_file|sendfax -L - afile.ps
>
> 	or
>
> 	sendfax -L my_destinations_file afile.ps
>
> where -L would indicate the file name containing the destinations.
>
> Before I launch into to this, is there a better way? Looking at the
> sendfax code, it looks quite easy. I should just need to make calls to
> addDestination.

Since each destination may have associated information for the
cover page variables you need to define some standard format
for the group file.  Also it is not too difficult to accomplish
this with a shell script front end that reads the file and
generates the command line.

> Any comments?

I've always wanted a similar capability on the server side so you
could send group faxes with the winflex client.

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions