Re: Cirrus Logic FAX/MODEM/VOICE

Hi Antonio:

> I have the alternative of getting a slower USRSportster for a little
> higher price and am tempted to go this way unless I hear from some
> people that they have used this Cirrus modem with succes.

   No first hand experience with Cirrus Logic modems, but I have heard a lot of
stuff about the USR Sportsters. I am still trying to figure out which speeds
cause more problems. From what I have gathered, 28.8 and 33.6 are the ones that
make things more complicated. Also, none of them seem to work under Class 2.0
mode.

   USR Courier modems, on the other hand, seem to work fine even under Class
2.0 mode.

> at +fclass=?
> 0,1,8,80

   Does this mean that there is a Class 8 and 8.0? Just curious?

   I would try without fear the Cirrus Logic modem. If it causes any problems,
I am sure it would be no worse than trying to set up the USR Sportster. ;-)

   Bye,

	Gabriel

--
| Gabriel Fernandez     |                                        |

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions