Help: hfaxd exits with "cant stat /dev/null"

Hello,

I have the following problem setting up hylafax:

hfaxd exits immediately with the following message in syslog:

"Jun 18 19:52:09 cygnus HylaFAX[1014]: stat(/dev/null): No such file or
directory"

/dev/null exists, and has the correct rights. So what does this message
means?

I've tried a binary version and compiled the sources, both showed the
same error. I've written a 3-line C-program which made a "stat" to
/dev/null and it worked fine.

Here's my configuration for the fax server:

PC 486/33, 8MB RAM
Linux based on Slackware (with several updates)
hylafax_4_0_1_orig.tar.gz / Linux-binary version

Thanx in advance,
	Johannes Beck

PS: Please answer with email to me, not to the mailing list, i'm not
subscribed...

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions